mardi 7 avril 2020

PC Hardware for track practicing? Or Xbox? Or PS4? Or VR?

Greetings Racers,

I know this question is going to bore some folk, and get a few RTFM's. :D
I have a race seat, USB steering, USB pedals.
I have no experience with video race simulation.
I do have experience track testing cars at COTA, Daytona, Buttonwillow, Spring Mountain, etc.
I'm looking to practice lapping more than racing others. I don't like the bumper-car aspect of some arcade games. Ramming people is not a skill set I'm interested in.

I'm trying to get something so I can practice at home first before attending real California tracks within a reasonable budget. I'm very good at building high performance desktops and servers.

Questions:
Am I better off with VR than screens? I have the PS4 VR and Vive already. Or I can buy some other VR. I like the idea of looking left and right like in the real cars. Especially if the stupid A-Pillar blocks you just like it does in production cars, that is a plus.
If Screens are better, how many, and what resolution? I know I will trade resolution for framerate, and I'm more keen on framerate. I assume I'm looking for >100 frames per second? (2 feet at 140 mph)
How big of a graphics card is really necessary for high framerate vs. overkill?
Is Project Car 2 coded to make use of lots of CPU cores? In other words, is 12 cores better than 6 cores? Or is Clock Speed King?

Any other input in configuring hardware to maximize track familiarization would be appreciated.


* This article was originally published here

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire